The 3 mm Hemmer Foot #63 produces a very small, professional-looking hem along curved or straight edges of light- to medium-weight fabrics. The fabric is double-turned and stitched in one operation, using either a straight or zigzag stitch.
- Results in a strong, durable hem which hangs straighter because of the additional weight of the double-turned edge
- Because the raw edge is enclosed, there is little opportunity for fraying
- Edge of fabric is fed into the scroll at the front of the foot, causing the edge to turn under twice.
- 3 mm channel on the sole of the foot holds the folded fabric in position until it reaches the needle
- Unlike other hemmer feet, the channel width diminishes to nothing at the back of the foot so curved edges can be hemmed evenly
- Rolled edge is secured in place by either straight or zigzag stitching
- For Bernina domestic sewing machines that use feet tagged with red numbers