Use the Freemotion Couching foot for the embroidery technique in which heavy strands of cord, yarn or other trims are stitched to a fabric surface. The Freemotion Couching foot is specially engineered for couching cords that are too large to be used with other feet.
- Designed to use with smooth, flexible cords approximately 2 mm (3/32 of an inch) thick
- The base of the foot is larger than most freemotion feet, with a cupped sole to slide easily over the uneven surface created by the cords
- Foot has a tunnel at the left side to guide the cord into place
- Foot operates with a spring action to prevent flagging of fabric while stitching
- Includes threader loop and thread guide for proper positioning of the cording
- For use with Bernina domestic sewing machines that use new-style feet tagged with red numbers